Why YOU Should Become a Family Mediator?
- To acquire another viable profession which expands and enhances your current
- To increase your marketability, create consulting opportunities and
an alternative to Managed Care
become a more effective client advocate at mediations
- To learn important strategies and technecks to become a highly
successful negotiator and conflict manager
- To broaden your methodologies for diffusing anger and anger management
- To complete the training component for becoming a court ordered Parenting
Why Choose Mediation Training Group?
- Our faculty is composed of mediators who have vibrant and lucrative practices; law professors; conflict resolution professors and other Award winning, recognized experts in the field of Alternate Dispute Resolution
- We provide a structure within a relaxed, congenial atmosphere, conducive to adult learning
- Our programs are truly "edutainment"
- We assist in your completing your mentorship
- Our training provides a section on marketing "How To Start Your Mediation Practice"
- We provide you with all the forms and documents needed to start your practice
- We provide you with software to assist you in Child Support Calculation
- Free monthly
teleconferences with Professor Susan Dubow, Dr Elinor Robin and mediators
Who Benefits From This Training?
- Psychologists, Family Therapists, Social Workers and Mental Health
- Attorneys & other legal system professionals
- Educators and Clergy
- Health Care Professionals
- Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement Personnel
- CPAs and Human Resource Managers
- AND, anyone who wants to become a Florida Supreme Court Certified
What You Will Learn:
- How to start and market your mediation practice
- Mediation concepts, techniques and strategies
- The stages and components of the mediation session
- The role and qualities of the effective mediator
- Practical ways to utilize community resources
- How to prepare a written settlement agreement
- The applicable statutes and ethical rules for certified and court
- The psychological issues and dynamics that commonly exist in a family
undergoing separation and divorce
- The common needs and concerns of children in the context of divorce
and family re-organization
- Legal concepts that relate to family law, taxes and economics
- How to market your mediation practice
Register Early! Seating is Limited!
|February 1-3 & 9-10, 2018
||Thu,Fri,Sat & Fri,Sat
|March 14-18, 2018
||Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
|April 26-29, 2018
||Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
|July 13-15 & 19-20, 2018
||Fri,Sat,Sun & Thu, Fri
Registration Fee is $895.00
materials and morning coffee plus, each day.
Program hours: 9:00am-6:15pm
Continuing Education Credits
FL Certified Mediators will earn 4-ethics, 2-domestic violence, 1- diversity & 33-general
FL Attorneys will earn 48 CLE credits including 5-ethics.
FL Mental Health Professionals & FL Board of Psychology will earn 40 CEU general credits
This program will be presented by the following faculty members: Elinor Robin, PhD, LMHC,
Susan Dubow, Ken Gordon, Esq, Lenore
Walker, PhD, and David Spofford, JD. Visit Our Faculty page to view bios of faculty members.
Our programs are held at the following facilities:
Fort Lauderdale/Davie-NSU--Main Campus-School of Business Building
Orlando-NSU--4850 Millenia Blvd., Orlando 32839
Miami--Albizu Univ.-2173 NW 99 Ave, 33172
Boca Raton-Library 1501 Spanish River Blvd, Boca Raton, Florida 33431
Gainesville-Location details will follow registration